Sunday, January 27, 2008

Pinoy Frugal goes to Ongpin!


Its 11 am On a Sunday morning and me and my mom were late. Were going to meet up with some friends from Pinoy Frugal,Our mission is to tour around Ongpin St. Look for cheap but good resto's there. With a little help from our New Friend "Alvin" who lives in Ongpin Duh! Gave us a tour. Tnx Alvin. Anyways I'd like to share with you what happend with our Food Trip.
First Stop # 1
Estero Fast food
We were so hungry at that time and ordered a lot of food. They have fresh seafood, we
had some Calamares, Tofu, Vegetables, Fried Frog Legs * tastes like chicken* and of course Fried Rice!











Second Stop # 2
Fried Siopao! for 14.00/pc
The Best you gotta try this, they also have Spring rolls, Kikiams etc.
And thats Benji btw.

Third Stop # 3
Panciteria Lido
They have this cool coffee makers, it turns the coffee upside down.
I like their pansit ^_^ and House specialty Asado.




And Oh They Deliver!





This was my friend's restaurant but its closed now, just wanna add this we got a lot memories there. Lok Fu Restaurant.


Fourth Stop #4
Salazar Bakery
This bakery has been around for decades.
You can smell the Aroma of freshly baked pastries
even if your'e outside. Yum Yum!

Fifth Stop #5
Lan Zhou La Mien
They have this vegetable dimsum and different kinds of Noodle Soups.

Sixth Stop #6
Xinyilong
Its not your'e typical Bakery, All i can say is they're unique
in terms of presenting their cakes, we like it,its very colorful.
They also have breads like the ones from breadtalk but way
cheaper. Different Varieties of Pastries.


And the last but not the least.
Eng Bee Tin
Hopia and Tikoy Specialties
That's Doy btw and our friends from Pinoy Frugal.


I cant believe all this happend in just one day,
all that good food and all. Ongpin offers a lot
of culture and great food. I hope we can do this
again, I had fun. Let me show you some random
pictures that i took. All pictures were taken from
my mobile phone Sony Ericsson W810i. I love it!











1 comment:

rrrsss said...

Nice photos, Cha!

Hay, how I miss Ongpin. It's been a long time since I last went to that place. Did you try the buttered chicken at Estero? It tastes good. Hehehe.

Btw, do the breads at Xinyilong really taste like those at Breadtalk?